You might think that microdermabrasion treatments are a painful procedure but it is actually one of the most gentle, non invasive anti aging treatments available that work wonders. So what exactly is microdermabrasion?
It is a mechanical non-surgical face resurface technique performed in a series of 4-6 treatments. It works by mechanically exfoliating the outer surface of dead skin cells and vacuums them away, leaving your skin smooth and soft - and if done properly will leave you feeling younger and more vibrant.
During the treatment the outermost layer of your skin is removed and your body is having a minor freak out. This causes it too rapidly replace the lost skin cells with new, healthy ones. There are two types of microdermabrasion treatments that can either use crystal or diamond tips to exfoliate your skin. The diamond tip is known to be more thorough and can provide you with a better result compared to the crystal tip.
A microdermabrasion is non-invasive and doesn’t require a long recovery time. It can be as little as 1-2 days. Best of all, you can have it done on your lunch break and go back to work looking pretty good for someone who just had their skin cells taken off (take some makeup along since your skin maybe a little pink right after the treatment).
15 Facts About Microdermabrasion That Will WOW Your Friends
1. It was first developed in 1985, Italy - all the good things pizza, pasta and microdermabrasion - Thank you Italy!
2. Individuals who suffer from enlarged pores will be pleased to know microdermabrasion can help minimise pores and is great for unclogging them
3.It may decrease superficial hyperpigmentation, age spots and other surface skin damage caused by the sun.
4.Although there are over 100 different types of microdermabrasion they all have the same basic design- exfoliate and vacuum those dead skin cells.
5. Removing the dead skin cells has another benefit! It can aid in the penetration of skincare products by up to 50% and allow makeup to go on more smoothly!
6.Many people choose microdermabrasion over chemical peels and laser treatment because it’s generally safer and cost effective.
7.The procedure can feel a little uncomfortable at times but shouldn’t hurt.
8. One benefit is that it stimulates blood flow, which increases nutrition delivered to skin cells. Overall improving cell production which improves skin’s elasticity and texture.
9. This treatment temporarily removes moisture, therefore it’s important to follow up with the application of a moisturizer.
10. The best results are seen at the early signs of aging.
11. It’s not recommended if you have skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, active sunburn, herpes, lupus, open sores, psoriasis, fragile capillaries or widespread acne.
12. The entire procedure takes approximately 30 minutes for the face and can take longer if you are completing the neck, feet and hands.
13.A series of 4-6 treatments is recommended for optimal results with a month in between to allow your skin to recover.
14. Skin will be more sensitive to the sun afterwards so stay out of the sun or use sunscreen.
15. The procedure has been shown to diminish fine lines, wrinkles, shallow acne scars, results may vary from person to person.
If you have more questions about our Microdermabrasion services in our Vaughan or Toronto location, we would love to help!
Simply click the link below to connect 👇👇
Find out more at www.bodyandsoulclinic.ca