Laser is a great alternative to traditional methods of hair removal. Compared to shaving, waxing, and plucking, laser hair removal provides a more permanent, low maintenance, and effective solution to unwanted body hair.
With that in mind, it is also important to consider the recommendations and precautions of licensed professions to ensure optimal results and a safe experience during your laser treatment.
In this blog post, we will share the key do’s and don’ts of a successful laser hair removal journey.
1. Don’t wax or pluck while getting laser treatments. The treatment area must be hair free during your sessions as the laser targets the hair follicles below the skin’s surface. Plucking or waxing the hairs will remove the follicles, making the laser process ineffective. We recommend shaving the day before your appointment or even using hair removal products for hard to reach areas.
2. Don’t expose the targeted area to direct sunlight. When getting laser treatments in the summer, it is important to avoid excessive, direct sunlight for 48 hours before and after your appointments. Spending the day at the beach pre and post treatment will leave you at higher risk for a burn or hypopigmentation. This is why the winter is the ideal time to start your laser hair removal journey.
3. Don’t excessively sweat, use very hot showers, or saunas 24 hours post treatment. It’s best to avoid working out and using a sauna after your laser session as your sweat may irritate the skin. Instead of a hot shower, use cold water after your treatment if a shower is needed.
4. Don’t complete laser treatments while on heat sensitive medications. Medications such as accutane make the skin highly sensitive to heat. We recommend asking your health provider or pharmacy about your medication and notifying your laser hair removal clinic to reschedule your session.
5. Don’t complete laser treatments while pregnant or breastfeeding. Fluctuating hormone levels during and after pregnancy also affect your natural hair growth cycle, making laser treatments less effective.
1. Shave the day before your appointment. To ensure your treatment area is hair free, shave or use a hair removal cream 12-24 hours before your appointment. Remember to avoid waxing or plucking the hair.
2. Use sunscreen. Since laser treatments can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, it is important to use SPF after and in between treatments.
3. Space your appointments 4-6 weeks apart. For optimal results, we recommend booking appointments 4-6 weeks apart. Your face and bikini areas are generally more hormonal and therefore should be booked every 4 weeks.
4. Complete yearly maintenance. In addition to your 6-12 laser sessions, maintenance treatments are required 2-3 times a year to maintain satisfactory results.
5. Choose a reputable laser clinic like Body and Soul Clinic. With industry experience of over 12 years, Body and Soul Clinic is the place to start your laser hair removal journey. Having successfully completed half a million treatments for over 30,000 satisfied clients and industry standard technology, we pride ourselves on educating our clients about laser hair removal to ensure an exceptional experience for all.
Body and Soul Clinic is offering free online consultations to help you understand the laser process, learn more about the clinic, and discuss our packages and pricing. You will also receive a complimentary underarm session after your consultation to experience the process first hand and decide if laser hair removal is the right fit for you.
Book your online consultation here: